Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Remember Gordon! -- Campaign Game

The Beggara tribe made a hard run at the vanguard of the Anglo-Egyptian column and got bounced very hard.  The British and their allies have mad rifle factors and are doubled at one-hex range.   Despite reducing the attackers to a single unit, though, I was reminded that every A-E unit is all but irreplaceable in the scheme of the game's victory points.  MB attacked with three full stacks of four camelry each and was left with a single disrupted unit, but that one unit, had it managed to spear and club down one of my infantry regiments would have done real damage.  A good reminder for the future.
Also above, my named gunboats (at left) fired fecklessly at the approaching Madhists as well as one of the fortresses off shot to left.  Assuming it to be a matter of some significance, I've begun shuttling my "Friendlies" brigade (Sudanese fighting for the A-E) over the Nile.  Each unit absorb a gunboat for two turns, this loading sequence being the first.

These fellows, I think me, approaching from the Northwest, intend me ill.


No comments:

Post a Comment