Saturday, September 17, 2016

Combat Mission: Final Blitzkrieg -- Yeah, well, take THAT!

Once again it was Combat Mission: Final Blitzkrieg's turn to give me one of those moments that remind me of why I play games like this.  The scenario is a remarkable one centering around the fight for Chaumont.  My Allies have been losing badly to the well-hidden guns and better tactics of my opponent.  Stuck on the lee side of a high ridge, almost afraid of sticking our heads over the crest, in the last minutes of the game I've managed to creep towards a few of the VPLOCs to save honor if not a win.

In so doing I've desperately been trying to bring CAS down onto a house where I know a fair number of Wehrmacht are hidden.  I have waited.  And waited.  And cursed.  And waited.

Then, this turn...




No comments:

Post a Comment