Sunday, September 4, 2016

It really does help one understand how angry Monty must have been...

As we wind down our three-way game of Sicily '43 (seven turns to go after this one), night has come and nothing I'm about to write could prove to be true come the dawn.  I know the Americans have managed to smuggle a few recon units behind the lines, although one of their number drove straight into one of my last redoubts in the dark and got itself disrupted.

Still, I've got very little to prevent Patton from steamrolling me if he chooses to do so over the last 14 hours or so of real time.

There are likely a whooole lotta guys betwen Fumari and Villafranca Terrena.

I now officially am declaring Monty out of the running.  The hard, locking ZsoC in the PzC series have him held pretty fast along the highway with little maneuver to the West.  Two companies of beaten, but "A" morale men are dug in like ticks and they won't be easy to dislodge.

No comments:

Post a Comment