Monday, August 29, 2016

Napoleon's Last Battles -- Campaign, Summer 2016 -- 10

I like this game.

Truly I do.

It's one of the best systems for balancing relative simplicity of design and still having a go at simulating the nature of Napoleonic combat.

I hate, hate, hate Exchange results.  I seem to have a unique gift for rolling them.  I rolled one here in what was a straight 6:1.  No shift.  And it cost me a unit of the Young Guard.

Exchange took place at the far right of the line.

Everywhere else the results were fairly predictable and an attack on a cavalry unit at the center of this shot also spelled the end for Perponcher where, with his usual luck, HL rolled the "1" necessary to have him meet his end.


In the East, I only briefly punched at Blucher, forcing a retreat and trying to create some separation so that we can march relatively unimpeded once this evening's rains come.  It's also worth mentioning that supply lines look to be in good shape on both sides as the British to the West, the Prussians to the East, and the French to the South all appear to have their routes secure.


No comments:

Post a Comment