Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Napoleon's Last Battles -- Campaign, Summer 2016 -- 8

In which one side does reasonably well with good odds another side gets bounced like a rubber ball, and your unworthy narrator realizes he is more McClellan than Boney.

Time passes more quickly in this game than I recalled.  I've now got only two turns of daylight left on the 17th and I continue to two-step with the Prussians on the Ligny map.  This is, unequivocally, bad.  MB made this crystal clear to me when she wondered why I bothered sending so many troops -- better part of two divisions, quite honestly -- to save a brigade of cavalry.  I had no good answer.

Yeah, that's them waaaay over on the right.
I thought Quatre Bras' battle might go better given the arrival of the Guard -- which I continue to shield given the effect that adverse results against certain of its members can have on morale -- not to mention the march of D'Erlon's I Corps.  The latter is indeed poised and ready to pounce.


Up to the end of the line, though, a 4:1 (shift for combined arms), yielded a bounce as I, again, managed to roll a "6".  Making me wonder what Nosey was putting in their gin ration.




No comments:

Post a Comment