Sunday, July 7, 2019

"Black Powder 2": What I Vow Not To Forget

I am now officially "in" on the following rulesets:

Black Powder 2

Blucher

Sharp Practice 2

The Men Who Would Be Kings

What a Tanker!

Given this, I feel an obligation to write down those rules that I keep forgetting or got horrifically wrong in playing each of them.  Thus this begins my Black Powder 2 list -- others will follow.

I would more than welcome comments about rules you bugger up regularly or think others do.  Also, if you watched our Teugn-Hausen game and saw us get something wrong, I really would like to know about it.

In No Particular Order:

*Units using initiative movement may either move their 12'' forward or back or try to roll for command.

*Limbered artillery gets one free move, even if its commander fails.  This does not apply to blunders.

*Divisional commanders can re-roll blunders.

*Enemy troops within 12'' of an ordered unit reduce command by one.

 *The -1 for shooting at skirmishers or troops that are "not clear" does not stack.  Only a single -1 is possible.

*Artillery shooting at any column (or square) gets a +1 to hit.  I call this the "no, the artillery in Black Powder 2 is not under-powered" rule..

*Hits from artillery at long range receive a -1 on subsequent morale rolls.  Hits at medium and close range are at -2.

*I believe the -1 modifier "To Hit" in close combat set out in Clash of Eagles for troops fighting in heavy woods would only apply if both units had 50% or more of their footprint in the woods.  I am certainly open to correction on this one.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I'm about to pop for the 2nd Edition rules. I was trying to follow some of the combat calculations the other night and still don't have them straight. Admittedly, the scotch wasn't helping there...

    ReplyDelete