Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Remember Gordon! Campaign Game -- And a Wee Bit of Napoleonic Info

I am greatly enjoying the tortuous decisions Remember Gordon! is forcing on me.  My column continues its slog and, as suspected, MB's mahdists are bearing down on me in earnest.  My forward infantry brigade (the Third Egyptian) has reached the spot at which it could build the zariba.  The problem is that it would have to give up an entire turn to do so for each hexside it wanted to construct.  At most, in one turn, its three regiments could build six hexsides -- hexsides the mahdists would be free to ignore with near impunity.

We did manage to disrupt a single charging camelry unit with artillery fire, but our combined howitzer fire from the Nile gunboats scattered well away.

The forward-most troops are arrayed as below:



On an entirely other front, sides have been chosen for the Vol de L'Aigle Kriegsspiel I'm soon to be running on the October 1806 Jena campaign.  Organizational details are available here:  http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=17869.0

I trust it will bear watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment