Tuesday, March 7, 2017

A Rante: Parte the Seconde...With A Worthie Assiste

Very, very strange serendipity.

The crew at grogheads.com asked if I'd be interested in interviewing the folks behind the Pub Battles series of games.  Having been a fan for some time, I jumped at the chance.

What I did not expect was that Marshall Barrington's critique of rule complexity -- up to and including a pretty direct hit at ASL -- would match my own thoughts on the subject.  In a way likely more concise than mine, he makes the case the war games generally will either simplify or die.  Mind you, they need not become "stupid", but complexity is not realism, over-narration is not completeness, and beauty is not truth.  In this last bit, I digress.

I think all his responses are well worth a read (I would think that, wouldn't I), but his remarks concerning the above are particularly noteworthy.

http://grogheads.com/?p=14032#more-14032

No comments:

Post a Comment